Highlights of IDS Project Engagements in 2017
- 1-13-2017: IDS achieved 50% completion on the Tenant Improvement project at John Wayne Airport, with construction exceeding $100 M. IDS is providing Resident Engineers/Program Management, Multi-Discipline Peer review of Design based on the Bridging Document previously prepared by IDS. In addition, IDS is serving as engineer of record of the seismic retrofit of Terminal Buildings A and B with construction exceeding $35 M, with an excepted completion at the end of 2018.
- 4-4-2017: John Wane Airport selects IDS to provide Apron and Building Lighting Improvement projects for its airport facilities in Santa Ana, CA.
- 5-5-2017: IDS was selected by John Wayne Airport for its “Terminal Operation Center” modernization and reconfiguration project. This CM at Risk (CMAR) Project, with estimated fee of $6 M construction, includes Swinerton Builders as the CM for the project.
Renovation – Tenant Improvement & Retail
- 1-16-2017: IDS Group completed the renovations of the Nixon Library and Museum Project located in Yorba Linda, CA. The project consisted of renovations of approximately 20,750 SF of the existing Library and Museum, including the installation of new lighting and power throughout the spaces, new ductwork and diffusers, and new structural work to support the displays and ceilings. IDS provided Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering Design services for the project.
- 3-21-2017: Seritage Group (Holders of Sears Properties) selected IDS to provide multi-discipline engineering assessments and design services for the Sears malls in numerous locations located throughout Southern and Northern California.
- 6-15-2017: Simon Property Group selects IDS Group to perform multiple design services to repair several deteriorated parking structures at Simon’s shopping centers in Southern California including (Simon Del Lamo Shopping Center, Mission Valley mall, and Shops of Mission Viejo.)
- 6-21-20017: Cushman & Wakefield awards IDS Group an A/E multi-discipline contract for a 50,000 SF improvement project for Teledyne Reynolds at Pacific gateway facility, Torrance, California.
- 6-23-2017: Mission Resources Conversation District, Fallbrook, California, awarded IDS a contract to provide integrated services for the upgrade of its facility.
- 8-7-2017: Cushman & Wakefield awards IDS Group a Mechanical/Plumbing and Electircal Engineering (MEP) service contract for the 80,000 SF Tenant Improvement project of Nortek Facility in Carlsbad, CA. Working in six major arenas the project is to support their Security and Control Division. Nortek is pursuing a consolidation of their two facilities into a single building occupying two buildings in Carlsbad presently. The new co-location will be to a recently modified shell located at 5909 Sea Otter Place also in Carlsbad.
Public Work: Municipalities- Counties & State
- 2-21-2017: City of Murrieta, California award IDS Group Civil Design Services for the CA Oaks Sports Park Development.
- 2-23-2017: IDS is one of the two consultants awarded multi-year task order based contract for the City of Laguna Beach, California.
- 3-2-2017: IDS is awarded $1.5 M multi-year integrated architectural engineering design services contract with the Orange County Sherif Department, California. The services include providing Architectural, Structural, Civil, and MEP services for the assessment and design of its existing and new facilities located in Orange County, California.
- 3-2-2017: IDS joins Langdon Wilson International to provide Structural Engineering Services for the dock replacement project at Marina Del Rey, California.
- 3-13-2017: County of Orange selects IDS as a prime consultant for its County Vehicle Charging Stations project.
- 3-13-2017: City of Torrance selects IDS to provide HVAC design services at various City buildings.
- 5-9-2017: City of San Bernardino selects IDS Group for the Solar System Upgrade project at City Hall Building 201.
- 5-10-2017: City of La Palma selects IDS Group for Civic Central electrical upgrade project.
- 5-16-2017: City of Norwalk selects IDS for the design of the City Transportation and Public Facility improvement projects.
- 6-12-2017: IDS is awarded by the County of Orange Public Works a multi-task orders “Large Projects” contract providing Structural, Mechanical/Plumbing and Electrical Engineering (SMEP) for three years with option of extending up to five years.
- 6-12-2016: The State of California Department of General Services Facility Management Division selected IDS Group for architectural retainer contract for various projects in Southern California. Basic services to be provided include feasibility studies, budget packages, access compliance (ADA), building code analysis, Zero Net Energy (ZNE), Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED), SITES, preliminary plans, working drawings, studies, cost estimates, bidding support and construction administration support. Related services may include hazardous materials assessments, surveys, reports, abatement design plans/specifications, cost estimates and air monitoring associated with the above work. IDS Group’s work may also require the participation of other engineering related disciplines such as civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineering.
- 6-30-2017: The City of Chino, Orange County, California awards IDS Group a contract to study and implement ADA ramps improvements to the City Streets.
- 7-20-2017: IDS is awarded a multi- year contracts with the City of Commence with a first assignment involving the multi-million dollars renovation of the Veterans Park Recreational facilities.
- 7-24-2017: The City of Irvine extends IDS consulting Services for Civil Engineering and Electrical Lighting Design for its Peters Canyon Trail Lighting Improvement Project. IDS have recently provided similar services for three other trails for the City.
- 8/9/2017: The City of Rialto selects IDS Group to provide Architectural/Engineering services for the Rehabilitation of the City Community Center Buildings 200, 300, 400, and 500.
- 6-20-2017: City of Menifee, California selects IDS to renovate its Rancho Ramona Park facilities. Services include civil engineering, lighting, and architectural upgrade.
- 7-7-2017: The County of Los Angeles Public Works selected the Design Build Team headed by “Spohn Ranch Skateparks contractors” for the design of the new Castaic Sports Complex Skate located at 31320 North Castaic Road, Castaic, California and the George Lane Skate Park Project located at 5520 West Avenue L8, Quartz Hill, California. IDS is providing Engineering Design Services including Civil, Structural and Lighting Design.
- 1-5-2017: The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) awards IDS a $5 M multi- year Architectural/ Engineering consultation services contract of its VA hospitals in Southern California.
- 1-17-2017: County of Los Angeles Public Works extends a multi-year multi discipline Task Order Based services agreement with awarding IDS new projects including the remodel of several medical centers at Harbor UCLA Medical Center Campus, PES Expansion of Low Voltage Tech Design.
- 2-26-2017: Monterey Park Hospital engages IDS Group to provide A/E services the for its Amso Sterilizer projects.
- 3-15-2017: AHMC Healthcare Inc. selected IDS for its multi-million dollars Pharmacy Remodel Projects.
- 2-13-2017: IDS is selected by Los Angeles Unified School District Asset Management Group to provide multi-year on call structural engineering services District Wide. LAUSD operates over 700 schools in the City of Los Angeles, CA.
- 2-16-2017: University of California Irvine (UCI) Selects IDS Civil engineers for its Student Health Building II Survey Project located in the Irvine Campus.
- 2-26-2017: IDS was selected by R.D. McDonnell to provided structural peer review services for the new Voigt Parking Structure at the campus of University of California San Diego (UCSD), San Diego, CA
- 3-27-2017: IDS Group commences its involvement with Santa Monica Community College (Santa Monica, CA) by providing Design services for the Air Handler Replacement projects at Life Sciences building in collaboration with Base Architects.
- 5-22-2017: Los Angeles Community College selects IDS Civil group for Task based Contracts starting with an assignment for civil engineering services at the Agriculture Education Center, Pierce College, California.
- 6-6-2017: IDS is awarded $1.7 M Engineering Contract to implement structural, mechanical/plumbing and electrical engineering (SMEP) services for improvements at eleven Schools for the Chino Hill High School Districts, Chino, California. WLC is the project Architect.
- 6-21-2017: IDS continues working on Mt. San Antonio Community College On-Call services Assignments with three more assignments for buildings modifications across the campus.
- 8-7-2017: IDS is award a professional engineering contract to provide assessment for the Mechanical/ Electrical and Plumbing systems at ten schools at Capistrano Unified School District, Orange County, California.
- 7-28-2017: IDS is on several teams selected by the Port of Long Beach, California for the On-call multi-year Professional Design Review Services contract.
Water & Wastewater
- 2-6-2017: Metropolitan Water District (MWD) awards IDS additional services to perform seismic upgrade projects at three of its facilities located in La Verne, California. IDS is providing Architectural, Structural, Mechanical/ Electrical and Plumbing, and cost estimate Services. The total construction is estimate exceeds $20 M.
- 3-14-2017: Orange County Sanitation District Extends the On-call Service Contract with IDS Group for another year with a $400 K Cap.
- 4-24-2017: West Basin Municipal Water District selected IDS to provide integrated A/E design Services for the multi-million dollars renovation of its Donald L. Dear headquarter building located in Carson, California.
- 7-12-2017: The City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works announces it selection of the Pre-Qualified Multi-Year On-Call Wastewater and Environmental Engineering Services for various Public Works Projects. IDS is on five teams.
- 2-15-2017: IDS is selected by Noreas to provide Engineering services to its current project at NAVFAC, San Diego, California.
- 5-18-2017: IDS was selected, again, by ETS- Lindgren to provide structural engineering services of another multi-million dollar LM RF Shielded Anechoic Chamber for a Testing facility near Denver, Colorado, deigned and operated by Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. The RF Shielded Chamber will deliver high performance attenuation over a broad frequency range and meets a wide range of critical testing needs. The all-welded shielding design offers long-term, maintenance-free RF performance and superior structural integrity to support shielding requirements from 30Hz to 94GHz and above.
- 7-17-2017: IDS Group is selected by Demenno/ Kerdoon Environmental (DKE) to provide electrical engineering design at the DKE industrial recycling plant located in Compton, California. IDS service is to provide engineering, construction documents, and to coordinate with Southern California Edison for upgrading the electrical service equipment and associated transformer service entrance equipment to facilitate proposed oil recycling distillation plant addition. The recycling plant involves a motor control center, motor pump circuitry and control, plant lighting, convenience power, and system controllers.
Housing and Multi-Family
- 3-10-2017: HL Capital Holdings selected IDS to provide Mechanical/Plumbing and Electrical (MEP) design services for 270-units new multi-family mixed used development at Camarillo Street, North Hollywood, California.
- 6-20-2017: IDS is awarded several new assignments from the Community Development Commission/ Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles to renovate air-condition systems, restrooms, and kitchens at multiple facilities exceeding eight –hundreds units.
- 3-16-2017: IDS is awarded a consulting services contract to assist the City of San Bernardino to mitigate seismic concerns of its City Hall Campus facilities.