VMS projects, Department of Transportation (DoT), Abu Dhabi, UAE
72 million AED ($25 million dollars)
The Abu Dhabi Department of Transport has selected IDS Group to serve as the construction management firm to supervise construction of Variable Message signs (VMS) Projects for the Department of Transport, Abu Dhabi.
IDS’ overall service goal is to oversee the installation, operation, and maintenance of Variable Message signs at strategic locations in Abu Dhabi to provide travel times, road condition and weather information as well as safety messages or public campaigns as needed. Additionally, IDS is providing training to the Department’s personnel in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Major components of the VMS system includes:
- Central VMS management system and integration/interface with other ITS systems
- Traffic surveillance video management system
- Traffic counting system(radar vehicle detectors, RVD) – 56 units
- Road Weather Information System (RWIS)
- Field equipment for VMS system – 33 VMS units and 48 lane control signs
- Field equipment for traffic surveillance and detection system – 67 cameras
- Field equipment for RWIS System – 3 units
- Field equipment for fiber optic communications backbone